B Anderson Roofing – AdWords Landing Page.
Copy & Design helped convert 6 million dollars of work.
Crystal Web Designs – AdWords Landing Page
ProPartner – Sales Page for a Direct Mail Campaign
WEBSITE – CONCEPT & COPY
Agency – Info Site
In 2014, the owners of Web123 were ready for a new website with a branding overhaul. They asked for ‘realness’ and wanted to show they were unlike the rest of the web design industry. I developed the ‘No surprises, no bull’ guarantee as the guiding brand promise, and everything grew from there.
- Develop a brand messaging strategy for Web123 that resonates with small businesses
- Develop a brand promise and build conceptual copy to support it
- Redevelop the existing website using a simpler navigation experience
- Undertake a content audit to create a new site architecture plan
- Wireframe the new site layout & liaise with the designer to create assets
- Liaise with the developer to build the site, and ensure SEO best practice (including ‘one to one’ page 301s from the old site)
- Work with the directors to develop a blog section, a content editorial calendar as well as ongoing content & blogger outreach development.
- Our blog strategy tripled subscribers in 18 months!
SaaS – Sales Site
I worked with the directors of the business and liaised with the web & design team to develop a sales website that resonated with graphic designers and encouraged taking a free trial of their ‘website business in a box‘ service.
Geeks that work hard for your money
Creating some IN YO FACE team photos (like putting geeks in Flashdance tights), was one of the underlying (and blatant) messages of the brand. We’re different, we’re fun, we’re flexible AND we’ll work hard for the money. Of course, our geeks grumbled about the idea until the photo shoot. Thanks to team camaraderie (and vodka) our geeks soon discovered how great tights and spandex can be.
- Develop a brand messaging strategy to resonate with graphic designers
- Develop a memorable brand promise
- Build out the concept & web copy (putting geeks in tights was my idea, soz not soz)
- Work with the design team to wireframe, draft and build the desktop site
SaaS – Mobile Customer Journey
In 2014 it was mandatory to have a mobile version of a SaaS site. So, once I mapped out a customer journey to take users from awareness to consideration to trial in 4 steps or less, I wireframed a simpler design, cutting away everything until we had a lean, converting machine.
- Create a customer journey for the mobile experience
- Wireframe the .mob version of the site
- Cut back the content to drive quick action
- Liaise with the web developer & designer to make the concept a reality
SaaS – Member Portal Copy
We had an enormous project plan (thanks goes to Wrike our PM tool) to develop 100s of written and video training materials. We also needed to develop business templates for every foreseeable designer-client communication. This covered everything from sales cold calling scripts, website or SEO assessments, to project scoping emails and quotes, project delivery updates, managing client scope creep, chasing payments, asking for referrals… and everything in-between.
- Write the copy for all membership pages
- Work with the directors to develop a comprehensive lesson structure
- Write engaging scripts for 80 educational videos on how to run a web design business
- Write email templates for every client communication a web designer is likely to use
Welcome ‘How-To’ Video
Roofing Company – Info Site
I was tasked to write SEO-focussed copywriting for a local tradie in Melbourne.
LEAD BAIT & eBOOKS
Web Design Agency (B2B)
Top 10 Website Mistakes Stopping You Being Profitable. A guide for small business owners who are trying to DIY their own digital marketing and optimise their website.
This massive kit became #1 source of new client acquisition for Web123…
How to Destroy Your Business in 12 Easy Steps. A guide for young designers who want to avoid the usual pitfalls, and run a profitable freelance business. Ghostwritten by yours truly.
CAPABILITY STATEMENT (B2B)
A physical mailout to graphic designers around Australia who have signed up for a free trial.
SALES & MARKETING VIDEOS
Pitch for Government Tender
- Script a video to support a tender to the Ministry of Social Services (NZ)
- Direct the camera operator & editor
- Supply voiceover (yes, it’s my voice because we were too cheap to pay for real talent!)
So, what is ProPartner?
Why working with Web123 is so easy, you’d be mad not to.
Industry News Video
All data is good data… especially when it’s a way to draw new enquiries via YouTube.
ARTICLES & BLOGS
- The 7 Habits of Highly Unsuccessful People – The 8 Percent
- What is a Creative Entrepreneur? – The 8 Percent
- Sales Dominance: History In The Making – The 8 Percent
- 5 Ways to Beat the Imposter Syndrome – The 8 Percent
- The Gamification Revolution [interview] – The 8 Percent
- 3 Ways to Survive Creative Criticism – The 8 Percent
On Digital Marketing
- How To Maximise Facebook ROI (2018) – ContentGuru
- How small eCommerce stores can win – ContentGuru
- eCommerce: Trust comes before profits – HerBusiness
- 20 Profitable Facts About Facebook – HerBusiness
- 7 Secrets for Engagement on Facebook – HerBusiness
- How to Boost Traffic Using an Expert Blogger – HerBusiness
- 13 Killer Resources to DIY Your SEO – HerBusiness
On The Freelance Life
- The #1 Way To Get (and keep) Clients – HerBusiness
- How to Quote Without Going Broke – ProPartner Blog
- How to Profit with Passion! – HerBusiness
- Managing Customer Expectations for Happy Profits – HerBusiness
- How to Talk Dollars, Make Profits and Value YOU – HerBusiness
- Are You Disappointing Your Clients Without Knowing It? – HerBusiness
On Website Best Practice
- How to choose a WordPress theme (without 6 months of procrastination) – ContentGuru
- Anatomy of a Homepage for Maximum ROI – Web123 blog
- The Smart Guide To Getting Web Results – HerBusiness
- How To Create a DIY Website Strategy – HerBusiness
- Is Your Website The Perfect Purchasing Machine? – HerBusiness
- 4 Simple Ingredients for Website Success – HerBusiness
- Do you Blog? Do you want to? – HerBusiness
- 10 Tips For Creating Raving Fans Online – HerBusiness
- How to Smash Your Competition – HerBusiness
- My Top 2 Tips (and a to-do!) for Writing Great Pages – HerBusiness
- 1 Sneaky Trick To Maximise Your Success Pages – HerBusiness
- The Best ‘Our Services’ Pages Have 6 Things In Common – HerBusiness
- 10 Ways to Boost the Performance of Your About Us Page – HerBusiness
- 31 Ways to Get a ROI From Your Homepage – HerBusiness
‘Blogger of the Year’ (2013)
Complete Health: In October 2016 – I asked the client to let me redesign their EDM for a better user experience. A week later, they saw the highest revenue from an email blast in 3 years.
I’m not a trained designer, but I know what I like. And I know what readers like. So I can turn an idea into a clear brief that a designer can run with.
NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ME?
If you want to learn more about me, take a look at my favourite page,
READY TO HIRE MY BADASSERY?
Fill out my contact form, or phone me on +61.408542281